[Discuss-gnuradio] Sound card configutation

From: Bill Tracey
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sound card configutation
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:58:20 -0600

John -- I think you need to dork around with modules.conf a bit to get the 2 sound devices to claim the right /dev/audioX.

My modules.conf from a (RedHat 8) machine with 2 sound cards looks like:

        # ALSA portion
        alias char-major-116 snd
        alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
        alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
        # module options should go here
        # OSS/Free portion
        alias char-major-14 soundcore
        alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
        alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
        # card #1
        alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
        alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
        alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
        alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
        alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
        # OSS/Free portion - card #2 (cmipci)
        alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
        alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
        alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

I think the alias snd-card-X lines is what maps cards to  /dev/audioX.

Can't help on the delta44 -- might have to poke around the driver docs/readmes to see how to configure it.

Hope this helps.

Bill