Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Query on GPS

From: Robert Cicconetti
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Query on GPS
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:52:49 -0500

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:33:21 -0000, Robert McGwier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> We can do this I am sure.  I thank Dave and Krys for the advance
> work they have been doing when not many (any?) were "listening".
> If we allow the FPGA to do (carrier phase/code) (acquisition/tracking )
> in a joint-detection process run on the FPGA, I believe we can do a 12
> channel receiver.

I've been mostly lurking, but I have one question.. is it possible to
get position fixes from GLONASS birds as well? I suppose it depends on
the front end filters in the hardware interface. I know I seldom get a
12-satellite lock from just the GPS satellites. Are the two systems
different enough to eat an excessive amount of FPGA space?

R C