Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp dbsrx to use in seti and radioastronomy

From: Dallas Masters
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp dbsrx to use in seti and radioastronomy
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:12:06 -0600

We have the same plan here: purchase a USRP and dbsrx daughterboards
for GPS (GNSS) processing.  In the past, we used Zarlink GP2015/2021
chipsets to build GPS receivers and bistatic radar instruments
(http://www.opengps.net).  The GP2015 front end receives C/A only, but
is well designed.  The problem is that Zarlink is going to discontinue
the GPXXXX line.  So we are moving toward SDR techniques.  David B.'s
C/A front-end work with the Maxim chip could be a good solution with
the USRP.  Anyway, we hope we can contribute to the GNSS code
development.

Dallas