Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP connectors

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP connectors
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:33:00 +0200

Matt Ettus wrote:
> Robitaille, Michael wrote:
>
>>Can someone let me know what the part number and manufacturer for the
>>connectors that connect to the USRP are.  I am guessing that it's a female
>>connector since those on the USRP look like male connectors.  Also, where
>>can I bye them.
>
> Digikey has them, WM17201-ND
Are there also non-smd versions of these connectors.
This would enable us to build homebrew daughtercards
Or are there cables with this connector on it.

>>A product that Ettus Research main consider add are test daughter boards
>>that would provide connection to key outputs/inputs to the USRP.
>

> The BasicRX and BasicTX provide connections to every signal of interest
> on the board, on standard .1" headers.
Except the direct connections to the ADC /DAC differential inputs.
You only have the single ended output of the transformer.

I am considering modifying my basicrx and basictx to add differential amplifiers
so I have differential and single-ended inputs and outputs which also do DC to
100 kHz.

Another approach would be building a new homebrew daughterboard which does this.
For this a non-smd versions of the connectors would come in handy.

Greetings,
Martin