Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] support for comedi? (yes, ->new module!)

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] support for comedi? (yes, ->new module!)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:03:19 +0200

Gang,

You will find at savannah a new GNU Radio module: gr-comedi.
This is both source and sink blocks for COMEDI http://www.comedi.org

To initally check it out:

 $ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnuradio co -P gr-comedi

It has been tested with comedilib-0.7.22 under Debian, with a dummy
driver "comedi_test" version 0.7.70. The dummy driver was generating a
continuous sawtooth wave, which was displayed by a hacked comedi_oscope.py.
Only one channel was tested, but the source can support more.

The comedi_sink hasn't been tested since I don't own the appropriate
hardware. I'm not sure about the mmap for the write method too.
So feedback and patches are welcome!

Have fun,
--
Stephane

PS: here's a suggested project for a hungry student: develop a COMEDI
    (kernel) driver for the USRP. A USB 2.0 driver example exists
    already, see http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk