Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] halfband in CVS

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] halfband in CVS
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:49:50 -0700

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:19:10PM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > 32 looks great.  Your 64 and 128 look like what the 10 looked like for
> > me.  Let me rerun the experiment on my end.
>
> Suggestion: embed rcs version strings in the source files so that one can
> see what revision one is using.

Turns out that's a loser with multiple developers in CVS.  You get
conflicts on every checkin.

"cvs status" will give you info on each file you've got checked out.

> While I know I did a CVS update this
> morning, and usrp_fft.py indeed has a date of this morning, other than
> that I don't know which revision I have.  Also, is there a quick way of
> getting a status from the usrp to see which version of the various bits
> are loaded?

It always loads the same filenames:  usrp_firmware.ihx and usrp_fpga.rbf

The library knows the md5sum of each, and uses that to avoid reloading
them.  Not too sure how useful that is to the outside world.  FWIW,
the firmware hasn't changed in months.

Eric