Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X Status

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X Status
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:56:40 -0800 (PST)

This week I plan to revise my GNU Radio/MAC OS X install instructions at

http://staff.washington.edu/~jon/gr-osx/gr-osx.html

the pages that say "Revised Nov 21 2005" are a bit out of date, and do not cover usrp or gr-usrp at all.

I was not able to build gr-usrp from the 2.6 tarballs. Recent builds from CVS work well.

Even without fast USB support, I get 4 MBytes/sec from a G5 with built in USB 2.0 and 2 MBytes/sec (sometimes 4) from a 1 GHZ G4 Powerbook with a Belkin USB 2.0 card. That is enough to send audio frequency signals to/from the USRP, and is sufficient for our MRFM work.

If you plan to use the USRP on OS X, you must apply the gain fixes I posted on this list last week.

Jon Jacky