Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:59:34 -0400

On 10/3/07, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
> Maybe it's the use of python 2.5?

I think all of the ubuntu and fedora people have python 2.5.

> Has anyone (on this list, or if you know someone) ever used GRC on
> OSX?  As I said, I've never tried to until this morning.

I have run GRC on a mac mini (x86), and used mac ports for the GNU
software. The only issue I had was getting the X server running.
Although, It has been a while since...

> > 1) I suppose numbersink2 is not in your particular gnuradio build.
> > Checkout the trunk again.
>
> Done.  Nothing changed.

Maybe you have to make uninstall/rebuild or something, although it may
be an issue with the grc block def for number sink, I will check
later. At any rate, missing blocks are not a problem.

> > 2) There is no config file when you first load GRC. When you close
> > GRC, it will create the config file, and the error will be gone
> > thereafter.
>
> OK.  I went ahead and did "touch ~/.grc.xml", which makes that
> message go away.  No change in execution.
>
> > 3) Bus Error? I have no idea... There are no "un-intialized"
> > variables. And the code that loads the preferences isnt printing this.
> > It might be a weird GTK+OSX thing. Does GRC function otherwise?
>
> Running gdb comes back with:
>
> (gdb) run Editor.py
> [snip]

Yikes! I cant tell what that may be.