Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:50:07 -0400

Michael Dickens wrote:
I downloaded grc-0.65 (stable) and grc-0.69 (stable). The former (using Run.py) brings up a window and looks to be working; there are no "bus error"s. The latter (using Editor.py, and after removing the "gtk" check) works as well. Both of these were tested using the exact same Python install. Thus the bug seems to be in GRC itself, not in my MacPorts install. - MLD

The test import of gtk (in 0.69) was also a problem on a debian system (no bus error, just some import issues). I removed the "gtk" check from the GRC trunk a week or so ago.

In your initial email, you had the bus error, but the test "gtk" import would not have been present because the trunk was checked out that morning.

Can you confirm this, that the trunk still "bus errors" without the gtk test import? Maybe there is a "new" error prone thing that has been introduced into GRC between the release of 0.69 and the current trunk.

-Josh