[Discuss-gnuradio] found problem with std_4rx_0tx.rbf

From: Hans Glitsch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] found problem with std_4rx_0tx.rbf
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:16:14 -0700

Hi,

There's a problem with the std_4rx_0tx.rbf in the latest release. This problem did not exist in 3.0.

Please see the attached image. All four inputs should look exactly the same, but there is something wrong with input 0. It could be that the imaginary part of the input 0 signal is getting suppressed. I don't know.

Here's what I did: I have a brand new usrp with two basic rx boards. I connected a signal generator to a four way splitter and then connected the four way splitter directly to the four usrp inputs. The signal generator was set to 480khz at -17 dbm. Then I executed "multi_fft.py -d 100 -f 500000 -g 0". The attached screen shot shows the problem with input 0. If I move the signal generator to 520khz, the reflection moves to the other side of zero freq. If I swap cables on input 0 and input 1, the problem stays with input 0.

Thanks for your help,
Hans