RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Buliding GNU Radio on Gentoo Linux

From: Simon Alford
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Buliding GNU Radio on Gentoo Linux
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:35:14 +0100

Hi again,

I have now got a working gnuradio install on Gentoo Linux. George's
suggestion of adding --prefix=/usr/ to the ./configure command worked.

I think all is working now, will test a USRP with it soon. I have run the
benchmark_loopback.py and it produces many lines of output like this:

        ok =  True  pktno =  631  n_rcvd =  632  n_right =  632

Which I assume is the script working. 50% of the time when I run the script
it completes without an error. The rest of the time it exits with an
exception, although the script looks like it completes its output before the
exception. The exception I get is:

Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter
shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/threading.py", line 460, in __bootstrap
  File "/usr//lib64/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/blks2impl/pkt.py", line
162, in run
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'unmake_packet'
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

Is this a problem that I will need to fix before I start using gnuradio with
the USRP or can I safely ignore it for now?

Thanks

Simon.