[Discuss-gnuradio] Buliding GNU Radio on Gentoo Linux

From: Simon Alford
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Buliding GNU Radio on Gentoo Linux
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:39:49 +0100

Hi All,

I have just had and attempt at building and installing the latest GNU radio
stable release on Gentoo Linux. It has all been pretty easy.

Got the source from SVN.

Emerged all the correct packages.

$ emerge swig fttw cppunit boost alsa-lib sdcc guile wxpython xmlto numpy

Then did the normal build.

$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --exec-path=/usr/
$ make
$ make check
$ make install

Make check passed all tests. (Easy peasy hey ;-)

The problem I now have, is when I try running any of the examples or usrp
.py scripts I get "ImportError: No module named gnuradio".

How do I get python to find the gnuradio module?

Additionally what scripts can I run to check gnuradio is working without a
USRP attached?

Thanks,

Simon.