Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Gnu Radio Companion (GRC) 0.69 experience

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Gnu Radio Companion (GRC) 0.69 experience
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:29:49 +1030

On Friday 18 January 2008 09:20:55 Steve Bunch wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Steve Bunch wrote:
> > I tried grc on a Fedora Core 6 installation, Python 2.4, and see
> > this crash (sometimes, maybe even "usually") when the graph has been
> > edited.  I don't think it ever crashed on a run where the graph
> > hadn't been changed.
>
> Josh,
>
> Followup: retrying grc on Fedora 8 (Python 2.5), Core 2 quad, 32-bit,
> recent installation of GNURadio 3.1svn, grc from svn current, I have
> no crashes observed in dozens of edits and reruns of a previously-
> often-failing graph.

G'day,

I've rebuilt and installed GNU Radio svn-7461 as of today on a system running
python-2.4.4 and swig-1.3.31. It still crashes when started and stopped a few
times, three times in this particular case, with message shown below. This
was using example noisy_sinusoid.grc.xml application provided by the GRC
package. This is reproducable at will. Note the "TypeError: 'str' object is
not callable" and the message just prior to the coredump.

barossa: {18} ./Editor.py ../examples/noisy_sinusoid.grc.xml
No module named serial  in RS232 Source! -> continuing...
No module named serial  in RS232 Sink! -> continuing...
Removing empty category "Custom"...
<<< Welcome to GRC 0.69 >>>

>>> Done

Showing: "/home/wulf/projects/gnuradio/grc/examples/noisy_sinusoid.grc.xml"

Executing: "/home/wulf/projects/gnuradio/grc/examples/noisy_sinusoid.grc.xml"
No module named serial  in RS232 Source! -> continuing...
No module named serial  in RS232 Sink! -> continuing...
Removing empty category "Custom"...
>>> Verbose:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/wulf/projects/gnuradio/grc/src/ExecFlowGraphGUI.py", line 248,
in ?
    exit(0)
[...]

/home/wulf/projects/gnuradio/grc/src/ActionHandler.py:68: GtkWarning: Invalid
text buffer iterator: either the iterator is uninitialized, or the
characters/pixbufs/widgets in the buffer have been modified since the
iterator was created.
You must use marks, character numbers, or line numbers to preserve a position
across buffer modifications.
You can apply tags and insert marks without invalidating your iterators,
but any mutation that affects 'indexable' buffer contents (contents that can
be referred to by character offset)
will invalidate all outstanding iterators
  gtk.main()
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
barossa: {19}

cheerio Berndt