[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about uO and FPGA

From: DiX
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about uO and FPGA
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:09:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

    I am currently using USRP to do two-way relaying between d'b A and d'b B
(FLEX2400). The graph looks like

    rx_a -> tx_b
    rx_b -> tx_a

    Since there are one rx and one tx paths sharing the TX/RX port. The port
is used in time-multiplexing way. When I get something on rx_b, I
set_enable(True) on tx_a and set_enable(False) on tx_b. Then use rx_b->tx_a
to relay the data from b to a. I use set_mux(gru.hexint(32103210)) for rx
and set_mux(0xba98) for tx.

    The problem is I have to use relatively high bit rate on these tx and rx
paths. The demic rate should be <=16, and interp rate <=32. When I run the
code with decim rate = 16 interp rate = 32, I keep receiving uO. My
questions are : what's the max rate the USRP can support in this case? and
is there any fatal fault in my graph design?

    Any help will be appreciated!

   -Di

P.S. Attached is the simplified connection between rx and tx

        self.connect(self.rx_path.u, di)
        self.connect((di,0),(intl,1))
        self.connect((di,1),(intl,0))
        self.connect(intl, self.tx_path.u)