Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Standalone USRP1 Operation

From: Robert Cicconetti
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Standalone USRP1 Operation
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:39:06 -0400

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:43:19PM -0700, Firas A. wrote:
>> My question is, has anyone tried to load USRP FPGA image without a PC? For
>> example using a micro-controller (Like Microchip PIC 18F4550 which has USB
>> 2.0  port) with SD memory holding the image?
>
> This might work.  The control end point works in both USB 2.0 and USB
> 1.1 mode.  As long as you were only using that, you could probably get
> the FX2 image and the FPGA image loaded.
>
> It's worth a try.

Atmel has a similar part (AT90USB1287) and has a devkit, AT90USBKEY,
that might save you some work. It's a USB OTG 2.0 device, $30, has the
right dongle, and has a pair of 64Mbit flash chips on board. The power
supply is spec'd to 8-15V, but might be coaxed to run off something
lower. Digikey/Mouser/Arrow stocks 'em.

R C