[Discuss-gnuradio] Audio under-runs on dial_tone.py (even when using plu

From: Steve Glass
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio under-runs on dial_tone.py (even when using plughw:0, 0)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:12:34 +1000

Hi,

I'm helping a mate get GNURadio 3.2 running on an Ubuntu machine. As a quick sanity check I run dial_tone.py and to my surprise it generates a stream of "aU" audio under-run warnings and clicking noises from the speaker. I've used the "-O plughw:0,0" option because that's always worked for me when there are rate mismatches but it gives exactly the same result. The only odd thing I can think of is that this is running in a VM but otherwise I am at a loss to understand what's happening. Anyone clues?

Many thanks,

Steve

--
The highest human happiness is not the exploitation of the present but the preparation of the future.