Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 firmware build error

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 firmware build error
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:05:28 -0400

> Now I can build the firmware.
>
> When I copy "txrx.bin" from the subfolder apps to the sd-card. I can't
> connect to the USRP2. The led e and f burns. The GNU Radio Companion (GRC)
> stops the program with the error message "RuntimeError: No USRPs found on
> interface eth1".
>
> When I copy "txrx.bin" from
> http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/release/ on the same sd-card I have
> no errors and the programm runs perfect.
>
> Where did I make the misatke?

Did you build the microblaze compiler yourself (from
EDK101_GPL_GNU_src.tar.gz with the patch) or use the prebuilt binary
(from mb-gcc-4.1.1.gr2.i386.tar.gz)? As I said in a message to the
list a few days ago, when building the microblaze compiler, you need
to be careful what GCC compiler you use. I've never had an issue using
the prebuilt version for making firmware images, though.

Tom