Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to use boost-python to get a shared memory bl

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to use boost-python to get a shared memory block between c++ and python
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:59:33 -0700

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 09:32:34AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a project using the ucla ZigBee Phy
> implementation for the gnuradio framework.
> I need some help how to use boost python and smart pointers to
> manage a shared memory block from both sides, the python and the c++
> side.
> It would be great if I could manipulate as little as possible on the c++ side.
>
> The goal is, to be able to write to the memory block from the python
> side and read from it from the c++ side.
>
> Is there anyone here who is familiar with boost-python who might be
> kind enough to help me!? That would be highly appreciated!
>
> Thank you very much for your help
> best regards,
> Björn

Björn, given that GNU Radio uses SWIG to glue python and C++
together, I'd advise figuring out how to get it done using SWIG rather
than trying to get boost-python and SWIG to play together nicely.
Nice docs here: http://www.swig.org/doc.html

How do you plan to coordinate access between the C++ and Python sides?
(If the C++ is in a GNU Radio block, it'll be running in its own
thread...)

Eric