Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 FPGA now builds on ISE12

From: Tiago Rogério Mück
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 FPGA now builds on ISE12
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:57:58 -0300

Hello,

Have you tried the new Xilinx's FIFOs ?

All constraints were met after regenerating the FIFOs using Fifo Generator 6.1.

I used ise12 branch and compiled the raw ethernet code.

2010/6/1 Matt Ettus <address@hidden>

The USRP2 FPGA image can now be built with ISE 12.x.  ISE 11.x probably also works, but since 12 is a free upgrade from 11, I suggest you use 12.  Everything still works on ISE 10.1.03 as well.

One additional change is that both the plain (Raw Ethernet) and UDP versions (for UHD) are in the same tree now.  Build the plain version with:

       make bin

in the usrp2/top/u2_rev3 directory, and the UDP version can be built with:

       make -f Makefile.udp bin

This experimental branch is called ise12_exp and you can get it from our git repository:

       http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/show/fpga

It does not quite meet timing yet, but it is plenty good for experimental work.  We will be working on timing closure in the next couple of weeks.  Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Huge thanks go to Ian Buckley for his help in this porting effort.

Thanks,
Matt