Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex vector output of a block

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex vector output of a block
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:45:13 -0700

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 03:40:21PM -0700, Sammour wrote:

> Thanks for everyone, I sorted the problem out. I needed to increment "out"
> after memcpy and then return noutput_items/(N*N).
>
> Cheers,
> Sam

OK.  Glad you (think) you solved your problem.

Given that your block was asked to compute noutput_items, why are you
only computing (and/or returning) noutput_items/(N*N) items?
Doing it this way is increasing the runtime overhead by something on
the order of N*N.

This smells like there's something that you don't understand about
io_signatures, forecast, work, set_output_multiple and/or gr_sync_decimator...

Eric