[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio developer's call

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio developer's call
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:59:34 -0500

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Johnathan Corgan and I would like to
start holding developer's conference calls on a bimonthly basis. We
will be working through the details of when the calls will happen
based on the feedback of the participants, but currently, we have a
monthly call scheduled for 6 PM EST (11 PM GMT) on the third Friday of
the month, so the first call will be this upcoming Friday, Feb. 18,
2011.

A second call will be scheduled sometime during the first week of the
month. This call's schedule will be more fluid based on who can
participate and when. When the time is selected each month, we will
email you to let you know.

The calls are meant to last an hour and will give us a chance to
discuss the current and future developments of the project. The
current schedule for the first call is listed below. In the "open"
slot, I would ask that anyone who will be participating to email me
ideas for things that you may want to talk about. I will collect these
thoughts and put together a final agenda before the call. I expect
many of these issues will be discussed over many calls.

Call mechanics:
We have a SIP line set up for the calls that are associated with the
IRC channel #gnuradio on freenode. The SIP contact to call is
sip:address@hidden You should then hear "Welcome to the
GNU Radio conference bridge." You can also log into the IRC chat room
as a secondary way of interacting with the call, although this should
not be necessary.

I would recommend that if you are planning on joining the call and
have never set up a SIP client on your computer before, do so and test
it out beforehand to make sure the audio system works.

Agenda:
 - GNU Radio release 3.4
     - what are the new features
     - handling the transition from git master 3.4 to 3.5
 - GNU Radio conference
     - work on getting specifics nailed down (time, date, format, etc.)
 - Other

Thank you,
Tom