[Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus E-100(USRP) newbie's Questions

From: Sungho Yoon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus E-100(USRP) newbie's Questions
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 21:24:49 -0400

Hello guys,
I have some troubles during installing UHD using Ettus Research E-100.
I basically followed the instruction at
http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki .

Three questions I have:
1. Do you know where I can find any document or good website that I can use
for setting and starting up E-100?
The linux built in the USRP E100 is too slow that it takes too long time to
install and try something out for installation.
Please tell me your experiences of the first time you used E100.

2. I have tried the example given by the website above
(./benchmark_rx_rate).
And I got the error like below. Do you know what the problem or reason of
it?
As another question, is there other way to install UHD with the command,
opkg? Someone said the command would make easier to set up UHD or E-100.
Thanks.

----------
address@hidden:~/uhd/host/build/examples# ./benchmark_rx_rate
linux; GNU C++ version 4.5.2 20101204 (prerelease); Boost_104100;
UHD_003.000.000-3235792

Creating the usrp device with: ...

Warning:
    Ignoring discovered device
    RuntimeError: Expected module compatibility number 0x1, but got
0xffffffff:
    The module build is not compatible with the host code build.
Error: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
Empty Device Address

3.
Besides this, I got some error on Gnuradio installation in the built-in
Linux.
Is it normal? (I assume it's not)

Sincerely,
Sungho Yoon