Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio conditional operation

From: Vijay Pillai
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio conditional operation
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus and the folks at Ettus,

I am an extremely satisfied and happy user of your USRP's. We plan on buying a lot more USRP's for our company since it is an outstanding cost effective platform for testing and measurements.

However if I have to offer some criticism (and I assure you that this is the only complaint that I have amidst all the good things i have to say), it is about the threadbare documentation available on getting started with doing applications - whether that be for GRC, or python programming for the USRP. I had to google the web for some examples and this is how I learnt. There has to be a much easier way to getting started. The folks at Ettus attribute too much intelligence to the average user if this how they expect people to learn; it is actually a disservice to Ettus as a company to make it so hard to start using your products.

Hope what i have said above does not in any way detract from the overall considerably positive feedback that i would like to convey.

Best regards,
-Vijay