[Discuss-gnuradio] Reference documentation to the python interface

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reference documentation to the python interface
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:36:57 -0700

I've got a somewhat complete reference for the python interface of
gnuradio radio done now.  It can be found at:

www.reynwar.net/gnuradio/sphinx/

Any suggestions on how we could improve these docs?

I also have two questions:
  - I need improved docstrings for the subpackages.  In particular
noaa, pager, and video_sdl.  Suggestions from people who know what
these are would be much appreciated.
  - A lot of python blocks contain doxygen markup (e.g. @param).
Anyone object to me changing this to a more pythonesque format since
we're not using doxygen for the python code?  For example:
   """
   brief description

   detailed description

   Args:
       arg1: description
       arg2: description
   """
   can be easily parsed by sphinx.
   I've also modifed doxyxml so that it extracts parameter
descriptions from the doxygen xml, and swig_doc.py so that it
generates docstrings for the swiged blocks in the above format.

Things to do:
 - Add a sphinx extension to automate the inclusion of signal processing blocks.
 - Handling of latex formatted math notation.

Cheers,
Ben