Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reference documentation to the python interface

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reference documentation to the python interface
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 08:22:11 -0700

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ben - Ditto Martin: great stuff!  I think "keep filling in the blanks" is
> my improvement recommendation :) -- some items contain "This docstring is not
> useful" or the equivalent, or are just empty (e.g.,
> "gnuradio.optfir.band_pass").  I'm guessing some items are like this because
> the source code does not contain useful info (yet).  Nice work! - MLD

Yeah, I think in most cases it's because the documentation is missing
in the source code, and fixing that for all of gnuradio is obviously
an undertaking that I am not keen or able to do.  In optfir.bandpass
it is because the documentation is given as a comment rather than a
docstHopefully having the documentation accessible like this will help
us spot where documentation needs work.