Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PCI Express SDR Cards and GNU Radio

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PCI Express SDR Cards and GNU Radio
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 15:07:38 +0300

Hi Alexd,

I bet it works!

Patrik
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 13:26

On 07/07/12 18:49, Patrik Tast wrote:
Great work!
Connecting any RX/TX to the computer PCI "smells problems..."

I wouldn't cosider this option,

A few points:

  • I have a PCI DVB card, works great for recording TV. The RF section is shielded inside a can.
  • Winradio internal cards has been around for many years, although I see they do USB units now as well
  • These guys surely wouldn't have got to the point of putting these things on sale if they were unusable due to RFI from inside the PC? Although I note they say on the product page "This hardware is sold on an as-is basis without warranty", which doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the product.

alexd