Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM Mod block

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM Mod block
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:14:45 -0400

Hi Francisco - The code in question is, as the error says, at line 106 of the
Python file "ofdm.py":

self.preambles = digital_swig.ofdm_insert_preamble(self._fft_length,
                                                   padded_preambles)

This code calls the C++ code found in the file digital_ofdm_insert_preamble.cc,
which throws an error when any valid preamble's length is not equal to the FFT
size.  This throwing has nothing to do with the cyclic prefix length or #
occupied tones.  You should be able set no preambles, according to the code, by
sending in a zero-length vector (I think).  The preamble must be a vector of
vectors, with the first dimension being the number of preambles and the second
dimension must be the FFT length.  Check out which preamble you're using would
be my recommended next step.  Good luck. - MLD