Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM Mod block

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM Mod block
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:08:45 -0400

Hi Francisco - If you read through "gr-digital/python/ofdm.py" carefully (lines
68:81), you'll find that the number of "occupied tones" cannot be more than
4512 because of the way the known preamble symbols are pre-generated; feel free
to regenerate these symbols to as many as you want, but make sure to use the
new symbols on both the Tx and Rx for proper transmission.  There is no check
for this value, and the Python script will set the resulting preamble to length
4512 when the number of occupied tones is greater than 4512.  So, even if you
set in GRC to not use preambles, one is always created through the known
symbols.  It wouldn't be too difficult to tweak this Python script to properly
expand the known symbols' part of the preamble to be of the correct length;
please feel free to do this tweaking & submit a patch.  Good luck. - MLD