[Discuss-gnuradio] OpenBSD: still trying

From: Alan Corey
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OpenBSD: still trying
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 22:52:35 -0400

I picked up another laptop, installed OpenBSD 5.2 (the latest for
another month or so), and set about installing Gnuradio 3.6.3.  My
disabled component list is down to:
--   * gr-comedi
--   * gr-uhd
--   * gr-shd
--   * gr-fcd
which I think is all hardware I don't have.  It compiles and installs,
but nothing works quite right.  I tried multimode, gqrx, other
published things and they don't work for me.  I'm not sure if
jackaudio will work but at least it's stopped whining.

Finally I tried make test.  3 out of 4 times it hangs (over an hour) at
Start  22: qa_hier_block2 but one time it got past that and failed 30
of the 179 tests.  After reading old postings here I ran volk_profile
then make test again but it still hangs at 22: qa_hier_block2

Then I did ctest -V -R volk and the output is attached.  The ctest failures:
The following tests FAILED:
          1 - qa_volk_test_all (Failed)
          5 - gr-core-test-all (Failed)
          6 - qa_int_to_float (Failed)
         21 - qa_filter_delay_fc (Failed)
         22 - qa_hier_block2 (Failed)
         24 - qa_short_to_char (Failed)
         26 - qa_endian_swap (Failed)
         38 - qa_float_to_short (Failed)
         44 - qa_conjugate (Failed)
         47 - qa_short_to_float (Failed)
         49 - qa_multiply_conjugate (Failed)
         59 - qa_add_v_and_friends (Failed)
         65 - qa_complex_to_xxx (Failed)
         67 - qa_add_and_friends (Failed)
         72 - qa_float_to_char (Failed)
         82 - qa_hilbert (Failed)
         84 - qa_pfb_arb_resampler (Failed)
         85 - qa_filter_delay_fc (Failed)
         86 - qa_rational_resampler (Failed)
         87 - qa_fir_filter (Failed)
         91 - qa_interp_fir_filter (Failed)
         98 - qa_fractional_interpolator (Failed)
        119 - qa_ctcss_squelch (Failed)
        128 - qa_constellation (Failed)
        150 - qa_cpm (Failed)
        171 - qa_conjugate (Failed)
        173 - qa_multiply_conjugate (Failed)
        175 - qa_add_mult_v (Failed)
        176 - qa_add_mult_div_sub (Failed)
        179 - qa_type_conversions (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
gmake: *** [test] Error 8

So I'm not sure what to try next.  I've been doing other things for
the past couple of months but now I'm back to this.  This version of
OpenBSD has (supposedly) improvements in pthreads.  All of gnuradio's
dependencies except lxml and pyqwt are from the OpenBSD ports
collection.  The version numbers are OK by the
build_guide.html file.

  Alan

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX