Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Public transport in Boston

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Public transport in Boston
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:25:01 -0400

On Aug 10, 2013, at 10:11 AM, Bruce Penswick <address@hidden> wrote:
> Actually, the "T" (the subway) *does* go to the airport, to Boston Logan
> Airport. The Blue Line stops there. And then there are free shuttle busses to
> take you to all the terminals. You can take the Blue Line into the city and
> transfer, for free, to the Red, Orange, and Green Lines.

And, I'll echo, that this works vice-versa too.  You can take a free MBTA bus
from any Logan Airport Terminal to the MBTA Airport Blue Line stop, then the
MBTA Blue Line back into Boston, and switch to other MBTA Lines as needed from
there.  I believe it is still the case that you pay at the MBTA Airport stop,
once, and then can transfer internal to the train MBTA as needed (except maybe
parts of the MBTA Green Line [the parts which are above ground]).

To the best of my memory, there is no MBTA stop on the side of the channel
where GRCon 2013 is located.  The easiest, as mentioned before, is South
Station (on the Red Line), which is at the corner of Atlantic and Summer.
Arriving at this Station, you would exit the Station and walk (roughly
south-east) across the Summer St Bridge to 281 Summer.  Or, I'm sure there is a
MBTA Bus one can take in inclement weather (for an extra fee, probably, or
maybe a transfer; I never really figured out how to do transfers when I lived
in Boston); or a taxi, though that's kinda silly for such a short distance. -
MLD