Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Public transport in Boston

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Public transport in Boston
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:07:38 -0400

Cool; I've been out of Boston for ~8 years now, so the Silver Line is new to
me.  Thanks!

It looks from the map <
http://www.mbta.com/uploadedFiles/Documents/Schedules_and_Maps/Bus/silverwatermap.pdf
 > that the Silver Line's SL1 and SL2 go by the World Trade Center, with a stop
at the Courthouse which is on Seaport Boulevard; so not on Summer St where the
GRCon building is, but close by.  One could get off at Courthouse and walk
South on (looks like) Thompson Place to get to the GRCon building.  It would
probably be faster to just get off at South Station and walk across the Summer
St Bridge though.  It also looks like MBTA Buses 4 and 7 go right by the GRCon
meeting place; Bus 11 goes very close.  So, lots of public transport options.

Getting out of the Airport is also easier because the Silver Line goes directly
to terminals (or, that's the way it looks from the maps @ <
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/ >; can anyone confirm?). - MLD