[Discuss-gnuradio] problems building flow-graphs on ubuntu linux 12.04

From: Salvatore Micheal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems building flow-graphs on ubuntu linux 12.04
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:35:23 -0400

dear guys/gals,

i'm attempting to run GRC for my research and studies in EE at FAU, Boca Raton. i recently switched two OSs from Windows8 (and XP) to Ubuntu linux (in anticipation of running webSDR software from Pieter in the Netherlands) .. on my notebook, whether i launch GRC from terminal mode or quick-launch on the left, i cannot build flow-graphs in the IDE because i cannot drag/drop/double-click blocks from the menu on the right into the development pane. Ubuntu seems to expect me to drop blocks on the quick-launch bar on the left because it goes dim and highlights my Home Folder and Trash as if i was going to make an app quick-launch-able.

this post should also go to an Ubuntu forum but since i'm new to that flavor (i used Suse years ago), i'm unfamiliar with helpful forums within the Ubuntu community.. if anyone can point me in the right direction, your help will most certainly be appreciated :)

:) sam/kg4g-go :)
ps: thx to marcus leech for his wonderful script that installs GRC; he pointed me in ur direction :)