Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code 2014 applicant : Optimizati

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code 2014 applicant : Optimization with VOLK
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:38:52 +0100

Hi Florian,

the generic implementation serves 2 purposes, at least in my opinion.
Firstly, in case the necessary hardware extension is not available on
the target hardware, there is a backup default.
Secondly, the generic implementation is usually easier to read and
thus preferable as a reference. I know that this is a 'the code is the
documentation' argument. But even though documentation might be really
good, sometimes looking at the code just makes things clearer.

happy hacking
Johannes