Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function

From: Activecat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:59:23 +0800

Dear Sumedha Goyal,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Sumedha Goyal <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1. There is a file source that frames data packets for the test_demo. This
> is part of a transmitter USRP.
> 2. I have another USRP as receiver that sends an ACK upon reception of data
> packets to the transmitter.
> 3. Start sign is a threshold value. If the packet information (calculated by
> some method) exceeds this threshold, transmission starts and upon receiving
> an ACK stops.

It sounds like you are trying to transfer file from PC#1 to PC#2,
connected via USRPs.
At PC#1, user payload is read from a file on harddisk. This data is
fed into a custom block. This block will start transmitting when
certain criteria is met. When PC#2 receive the packets, it will send
ACK back to PC#1.

If this is what you try to accomplished, of course this could be
implemented by gnuradio.
There are thousands of such setup being tested using gnuradio.

You should have told us the big picture, let us figure out the
implementation details for you, not the opposite way.
Forget about your initial python code because that limit us to dead end.

> 4. I change this threshold value for every new iteration and count how many
> packets were transmitted before receiving a success ACK.
> I can do this manually for every iteration but how to automate it for say
> some 1000 iterations?

When you automate it you must have a calculation formula or decision algorithm.
Please give a simple example of such calculation formula.

Now I am still in the midst of trying to understand your requirements correctly.

Meanwhile, please do not top-post.
Refer
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ReportingErrors#How-should-I-format-my-message

Regards,