[Discuss-gnuradio] D-Star DD (ham radio dataystem) anyone?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] D-Star DD (ham radio dataystem) anyone?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:57:25 +0100

Hi,

I wonder if the ham radio data protocol D-Star DD has already been done with
gnuradio? This is some wireless ham radio Ethernet at 1.2 GHz, see for example
http://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/voip/dstar/DD_packet_structure.pdf. The Icom
radios go out of production, but radios like bladeRF or USRP line would fit
this just fine.

Before we invent the wheel over and over, maybe some work already has been done
we could hop on?! I am mor the analog/RF guy anyway, so building digital stuff
from scratch with gnuradio is at least difficult for me :)

With best regards

Ralph, dk5ras.

--

Ralph A. Schmid