Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function

From: Sumedha Goyal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:39:28 +0530

Hi Activecat

The description that you have given matches quite closely to my requirements. Kindly send me the sample code. I will try it out with my setup.

>We need to set_max_noutput_items() to a small value, so that the block
>response fast enough to the ACK signal.
>This block should continuously consuming input from USRP (to detect
>ACK) while sending output (either data packets, or a series of zero)
>to the USRP.
>I think these two ports (the input and output connecting to USRP)
>should have the same data rate as they are connecting to the same
>USRP.

What should be done to make all these settings?

>When PC#1 transmit packets, PC#2 may miss the few packets before
>detecting the first one.
>That's why you want PC#1 to count the number of packets transmitted
>before receiving ACK.
>But have you ever think that, the ACK sent by PC#2 may also be missed
>out by PC#1.
>Then how would you handle this ..?

I am trying to start my experiment from the transmitter side first. I'll handle the missed ACKs later.

Regards,
Sumedha