Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stable on Linux, many crashes on Windows and OS X

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stable on Linux, many crashes on Windows and OS X
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:13:15 -0400

Hi Stephan - You're welcome; glad you found a work-around that fixes the issue!

I'll let others speak to whether Volk is thread-safe.

I can say that the scheduler is the same no matter the OS; but, the actual
thread scheduling can be worlds different on different OSs. Thus, executing on
Linux might be stable at the same time as on OSX and Window would not be; it
can happen.

Good luck with your GR work! - MLD
--
Michael Dickens, OSX Programmer