[Discuss-gnuradio] Input items vs Output items

From: Mike Willis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Input items vs Output items
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 15:01:13 +0100

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the quick answer. I didn’t know about nitems_written(0)

but I did wonder why the system didn’t already know. It’s been

a while since I used GDB but I will have a go.

I don’t quite understand – when you say “do make sure

your string isn't going to be longer than your noutput_items” I

don’t know what that means because that’s something coming

from the scheduler isn’t it? If so how can I know beforehand what

that number is? I know a few hundred bytes that will be triggered

by the one last input bit for the packet.

I am afraid any of the tagged streams or messages are a bit

of a mystery to me.

Mike