[Discuss-gnuradio] Rts/cts on gnuradio

From: Oluwatosin Olaoye
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rts/cts on gnuradio
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 09:26:10 -0500

Hello all,

I am trying to implement rts/cts handshake scenario on gnuradio prior to packet
transmission.

I intend to work on gr-mac which was created by john malsbury, i.e by adding
the functions on the simple mac block,in this case, the block will perform most
functions of the IEEE802.11 DCF. I have started editing the block by adding
some lines of codes to the simple mac python file. So far, i haven't been able
to get it to work, i guess maybe i am missing something crucial somewhere which
i don't have an idea what it is as yet. So far, i defined functions to generate
the rts/cts packets and i also created scenarios using if commands on when to
send the rts and cts packets. I am not sure if that is what i should be doing.

Please i need an head start on how to go about this implementation, maybe there
is something i am missing or i'm going about it the wrong way.

Thank you all and best regards,
Abdullahi