Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross compile GNURadio on ARM in Odroid XU3

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross compile GNURadio on ARM in Odroid XU3
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 09:01:44 -0400

I'm trying not to get drug into this thread sine I am on vacation next
week ...

xu3 -> https://github.com/akuster/meta-odroid or
https://github.com/ARM-software/meta-mali ?

The ARM-software one looks interesting since it may deal with the Mali
stuff. I'll try and get some time to build test it on our layer stack we
use for GNU Radio.

I have a (discontinued) XU and am annoyed at hardfloat not supporting
the lcd panel I bought for it on the XU3. So I can't test XU3 locally.

The big problem in the low end arm dev board space is the matrix of
random vendor kernels, crappy binary only images from vendors (GPL
compliance nightmares for people selling products), short lived
hardware, multiple desktop distros with even more quirks and so on. The
support envelope for GNU Radio on ARM is huge. I cannot be handled by a
small group of people without setting some boundaries.

Donations of cash/bitcoins welcome :) I already have too many
interesting borads to play with.

Philip