Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross compile GNURadio on ARM in Odroid XU3

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross compile GNURadio on ARM in Odroid XU3
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 09:56:35 -0400

I should also point out that ARCH already has up-to-date Gnu Radio, UHD, and friends for ARM.

I run it on my XU3 and U3 platforms.

On 2015-07-08 01:22, Dennis Glatting wrote:

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 21:14 -0700, shaunwang wrote:
Hello everyone I need help on how to successfully cross compile GNURadio on ARM processor in Odroid XU3. I have read many websites in official GNURadio websites. like the following ones https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Cross_compile_GNU_Radio_and_install_on_target https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OE_PyBOMBS They don't have enough steps for me to finish cross compile. the big drawback is that they keep directing me to read other things, and then I lost. I wish someone can give me more specific instruction on how to do this. Thank you a lot.
Where are you stuck?

I am native compiling on ARM under a flavor of Ubuntu. I found a
combination of binary and source was key. Some of the binary packages
are old so the pain of source was a necessary approach for those
packages. Pybombs was useful but limited. I had to customize some cmake
files.

One of the problems under ARM/Ubuntu is the system libraries are /not/
found in expected places. This was also true of some includes.
Installing (i.e., from source) wx was painful and I had to hack a header
file, IIRC.

Getting NEON for VOLK to compile /and/ work was a bit painful. One I had
VOLK/Arm working help from this list solved one of remaining three
problems. The other two were non-problems.

I have an intensive graph running for three days. There's a problem with
one of my SDRs but it is also a problem on x86 -- debugging to do.
Otherwise, GNURadio/head works.
Shaun -- View this message in context: http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Cross-compile-GNURadio-on-ARM-in-Odroid-XU3-tp54685.html Sent from the GnuRadio mailing list archive at Nabble.com. _______________________________________________ Discuss-gnuradio mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio