[Discuss-gnuradio] Display Problem with QT GUI Vector Sink

From: gnuradio
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Display Problem with QT GUI Vector Sink
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:25:00 +0200

Dear all,

I built an angle-of-arrival system using four Ettus USRP2. I'm facing a problem when trying to display a vector containing the calculated MUSIC-Spectrum using a “QT GUI Vector Sink”. The vector sink won't display any data for the first two minutes, and then it is starting to show very old values. When I use the block “Vector to Stream” and a simple “QT GUI Time Sink” instead, the values are displayed immediately without delay.

The block “music_cf” feeding the vector sink is a sync_decimator, generating one vector of 181 elements for every 1000 input samples. I've provided a shortened version of my c++ code in the attachment, without the actual mathematics.

What could be the reason for this huge delay when using the “QT GUI Vector Sink”? Is it a buffering problem?

Best regards,
Simon

Block Diagram:
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150903/7cnqbzup.png