Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs installation fails

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs installation fails
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:51:49 -0700

Mike,

Have you stepped through the procedures outlined in the following two links already:
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/CygwinInstallMain
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/CygwinGettingStarted

They are dated, but still helps guide you a fair amount of the way.

I tried doing this on my Windows laptop a few months ago, but I ran into issues. I can't remember what they were now. I posted questions about it here but didn't get any responses, so I knew that was a bad sign. I'd be very interested in learning how to get gnuradio working on a Windows computer, without a VM, as well.

Rich

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On 16.09.2015 16:58, Mike Gilmer wrote:
> I wrestled with which way to go originally - figure out how to install
> linux,and in theory have an easier time of gnuradio, or try the
> windows procedure. A co-worker thought the windows path would be
> better but these kinds of problems are exactly why I was (and still
> am)  seriously considering the linux route.

Most of us end up with this conclusion, and I'd bet that most of us
Linux users are not actually born Windows haters, we simply gravitate to
whatever lets us hack with the least amount of friction.

Cheers,