Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building with cmake

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building with cmake
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:22:54 -0400

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Robert Durkacz <address@hidden> wrote:
Marcus Leech wrote "You can put "system dependencies goo" inside every
Makefile you author..."

I meant to say that I would write makefiles the way gnu make
recommends that just work on my system.

It would be nice to hear from someone who wants to do the same on a
different system and then we could look again at the portability
issues. Apart from that I want to find out what will go wrong, as per
warnings that have been given, when I update from the repository etc.

I think Martin summed this up nicely. We're using cmake as our build system. The massive amount of differences in systems that GNU Radio runs on demands such a system, and any single Makefile isn't ever going to cut it. You are welcome to try for your own machine to do this, but just recognize that as the project continues to move forward, there won't be any support for you on this.

Tom