Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Re: Transmission error

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Re: Transmission error
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:09:19 -0400

Hi Rama/Dave - The benchmark examples run as standalone applications. They do require Python, but they do not use GRC or any other GUI interface.

Question: Are you running the OFDM or Digital/Narrowband benchmark? What exact commands are you using for both Rx and Tx? What SDR hardware are you using? You might have covered these items already in prior emails, but since this was a new query it's always good to be precise -- of course also trying to keep your query concise.

Please reply to this whole list, not just to me. In this manner, others can join in if they so choose.

Given the lack of response to your original and even follow-up query, I have some advice to pass on:

(1) play around with these GNU Radio-based applications; see what they can do on your system; start with low sample rates & work your way up.

(2) Do not expect instantaneous replies to your queries; those of us providing any form of support juggle many things & we will get back to you sooner or later. 24 hours is a reasonable timeframe to expect a reply, not 1 hour or even 5 hours.

(3) Do your homework as to the questions you ask. The more informed and precise your questions, the better we can answer them.

I hope the above helps. - MLD