[Discuss-gnuradio] More Summer of Code ... in Space!

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] More Summer of Code ... in Space!
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:44:31 -0700

Everyone,

on top of our GSoC participation, we'll also be participating in ESA's
Summer Of Code In Space (SOCIS)!

SOCIS is a similar program as GSoC, the main difference being it's
limited to students in ESA member states (not, however, students *from*
ESA member states. You need be enrolled in a university in an ESA member
state).

If you don't know if your country is an ESA member, you can ask yourself
if you live in the EU, and do you know any astronauts from your country.
Or just look up the SOCIS FAQ:

http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis/?q=faq

Note to GSoC applicants from EU member states: You can resubmit your
application to SOCIS (unless you've already heard that you were
selected). This will increase your chances of getting accepted.
Any students who missed the GSoC deadline might also get a second chance
this way!

However, we will *not* prefer GSoC applicants from non-ESA-member
states. Per program, all applicants get treated equally. (Anyway, the
GSoC selections have already happened).

Cheers,
Martin