[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-drm reconfiguration & Channel simulations

From: Benny Alexandar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-drm reconfiguration & Channel simulations
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 16:21:17 +0000

Hi,

I was able to use the gr-drm to transmit using USRP and receive it  on DRM receiver.  However when tried to change RM to mode A, it fails to transmit. I'm using  GNU Radio Companion 3.7.10.1.

I would like to experiment more on gr-drm, like DRM transmission reconfiguration.  DRM standard supports  two types of reconfiguration: a service reconfiguration and a channel reconfiguration. This can be applied on the fly with or without audio interruption. I guess gr-drm doesn't support these.

Can GNU Radio support on the fly changes to a block ?  How can a block be created to cycle through a set of values ? My aim is to automate the transmission by chnaging the parameters randomly.

I also like to add some channel simulations, like AWGN and Rayleigh channels o DRM transmission in gr-drm. I checked in GNU radio some blocks exist for Channel models which can be plugged in before USRP sink block. Has any body done any channel simulations on DRM transmission ?

-ben