Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC: Convolutional Encoder Gnuradio and Matlab: d

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC: Convolutional Encoder Gnuradio and Matlab: different results
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 18:59:42 +0000

Hi Emanuel,

Try bit-reversing the polynomials.  By the way, even though the block definitions can take any python representation of the numbers.  For instance 91 decimal is 0x5B (hex) and 091 (octal) in python.  I often use the leading zero octal notation for stuff like this since the weirdos who came up with conv encoding like to use octal to specify their polynomials.

- Dan