Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LimeSDR-mini working almost flawlessly with GNUra

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LimeSDR-mini working almost flawlessly with GNUradio
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 12:51:26 +0200

Hi Cinaed,

> Does the above demo require a rooted cell phone and the installation of
> Debian?

Yes, but you could install any other distro if you know what you're
doing. The README contains some information.

> If true, it's my understanding one can't use dual ROMs on Android 7 and
> above - I could be mistaken.

Not familiar with Android 7 standard, myself I use Lineage OS.

> Is it possible run gnuradio with the LimeSDR-mini board on a desktop or
> laptop without using the QRadioLink software on Debian 8?

Yes, the Companion works, as well as example applications. The wrapper
used is SoapySDR.

> The QRadioLink doesn't build from source on Jessie.

More details? I have Jessie on a computer and have no issues compiling
it. GNU radio greater or equal then 3.7.10 is required. Can be found
in jessie-backports.

Regards,
Adrian