Re: GNUstep on Darwin

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:55:20 +0200

LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:
> >You can't use gnustep-objc on Darwin since Darwin doesn't have a GNU
> >Objective-C compiler yet, but only a NeXT ObjC compiler.
> >
> >You need to use the NeXT runtime library, eg by using a gstep-make
> >library combo of nx-gnu-gnu-gnu. Depending on what you want to do, a
> >nx-nx-gnu-gnu combo could also make sense.
> How do I do this? Which things do I have to change?

Take a look at the gstep-make DESIGN and README files, RTFM ;-)

Also note "Depending on what you want to do", you didn't say anything
about what you want to accomplish. There is no single installation
procedure, there are several ones and each has it's own pros and cons.

Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com/
Web Application Technology for Enterprises